WineBoss recognises the importance of privacy protection and has created this Privacy
Policy in order to demonstrate its commitment to protecting your privacy. The WineBoss
information and complies with the
Australian National Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Private
Sector) Act 2000.
WineBoss will only collect the personal information it requires to provide you with
business and related services or for the promotion or marketing of its services.
WineBoss will only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably
intrusive way. WineBoss collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone or in application forms,
or when you submit your personal details via the WineBoss website (e.g. when you
make a purchase from the WineBoss website);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under 'Use and disclosure' of personal information;
- from our own records of how you use our services.
2. Use and disclosure
WineBoss may use your personal information it collects to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide you with business and related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting
- promote and market WineBoss's current and future business and related services to
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing
and upgrading of these systems.
If WineBoss uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, any correspondence
sent to you will include clear instructions on how to opt out of receiving any further
In order to deliver the services you require, WineBoss may disclose your personal
information to organisations outside WineBoss. Your personal information is disclosed
to these organisations only in relation to WineBoss providing its services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services; and
- market research.
WineBoss takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound
by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you
to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit
rating, and credit provision);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors, and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised
by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those
involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including
accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk
and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
WineBoss may provide aggregate statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns,
and related website information to reputable third party vendors, but these statistics
will include no personally identifying information.
3. Data quality
WineBoss will take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information it collects,
uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to date. If you believe that any
personal information that WineBoss holds about you is not accurate, complete or
up-to-date, please contact WineBoss so we can investigate the matter.
4. Data security
WineBoss will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds
from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. WineBoss
permits only authorised personnel to access your personnel information.
WineBoss will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal
information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
6. Access and correction
You have a right to access the personal information that Web Strategy Resources
holds about you. You can access your personal information by contacting WineBoss.
WineBoss may require you to put your request in writing for security reasons.
WineBoss reserves the right to withhold your personal information where its disclosure
to you is restricted by law, is the subject of legal action, or may compromise the
privacy of another person.
WineBoss adopts its own identifiers for all individuals with whom it deals.
To guard against fraud, WineBoss requires all customers to identify themselves accurately
when purchasing a product or service from WineBoss.
9. Transborder data flows
WineBoss will only transfer your personal information outside of Australia if it
is confident the recipient will handle it in a manner consistent with the Australian
National Privacy Principles.
10. Sensitive information
WineBoss will not collect personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin,
political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, organisational membership,
or sexual activity.
Additional information relating to the WineBoss website
The WineBoss website uses browser cookies to determine if you have been referred
by one of WineBoss's affiliate partners and to redirect you to the appropriate page.
The cookies do not contain any personal information.
While WineBoss contains links to other websites, it is not responsible for the privacy
practices or the content of such websites.
WineBoss uses the DirectOne payment system to process credit card payments. Before
making a payment via the DirectOne system, you should review DirectOne's privacy
and security policies. WineBoss is not responsible for DirectOne's privacy and security
policies. For more information about DirectOne visit
WineBoss welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please complete our